Deephaven Academy Mission
and Guiding Principles
We are a school community committed to enhancing the intellectual, emotional and social development of children in kindergarten through 8th grade. We provide a safe and supportive environment that enables children to strengthen their character and confidence, maximize their intellect and resourcefulness and honor and respect themselves and each other for the unique gifts and talents that each brings in leadership of and service to the greater community.
We achieve our mission by:
- Enabling each child to learn at their optimal level through a combination of small class sizes, ability grouping and continuous assessment, feedback and support.
- Offering a rich, comprehensive and engaging classical curriculum that produces intelligent, literate and curious children who have strong language, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Providing a solid character and values development program to help children build both academic and social-emotional competencies and promote a strong sense of personal integrity and responsibility.
- Working together as a team, parents and educators strive to create an engaging and integrated learning experience for each child. We believe parental involvement is an important key in fully knowing and supporting our students.
- Understanding the need to be flexible and boundless in our quest for continuous improvement in the manners and methods in which we teach, impact and enhance the lives of children.
- Providing real-world experiences that promote greater cultural awareness and understanding and inspire social responsibility through opportunities for leadership and service.